Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Dad can soooooooooooooo kick your dad's butt!!

One game little children like to play (and that I enjoy watching them play) is the "My dad..." game. What happens is that two little kids take turns bragging about what their dads can do until the statements reach a preposterous level... (I call it 'game', but for them it's probably deathly serious, especially considering the intensity of the statements!)

Tommy: "My dad's got two cars, and we're getting a third one tomorrow!"
Billy: "My dad can ride his bike backwards while pedaling with his hands!"
Tommy: "My dad can do 100 pull-ups!"
Billy: "Oh yeah?!?! My dad shot a lion the other day!"
Tommy: "SO?!!? My dad was in the army and he got a gold medal!"
Billy: "My dad can beat up your dad!!!!"
Tommy: "My dad can beat up your dad and 50 other guys with one hand tied behin..." [At this point, Tommy's dad comes past, overhears this, and takes him home before Billy's dad hears this and challenges him.]

What amuses me so much is the thought that as Christians, we WILL win every single time we play this game! [Yes, that's right, Grace is getting excited at the thought of beating 5 year olds at their own game... ;)]

"My Dad's the King of the Universe!"
"My Dad's the Creator of the Ocean!!"
"My Dad determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name!
He covers the sky with clouds;
he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.
He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes.
He hurls down his hail like pebbles.." (Psalm 147)

What an AWESOME Dad we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: