Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Have you checked your rubbish lately!?!?!

Think of a rubbish bin filled with fish heads and skeletons, rib bones still covered in sauce, empty tins dripping with strange liquid, toe-nail clippings, dust balls, scrap pieces of paper, pencil shavings, sweet wrappers, vegetable peels....

Now think of your nice clean room with your CD player, CD collection, guitar, beautiful dance dresses, perfume bottles, lovely clothes...

Do you see Image 2 as Image 1 in comparison to what you've gained in Christ?

Do we see as everything as rubbish in comparison to Christ?

I don't. Yet. Like if I had to choose, I'd def choose Jesus, but my sinful self would definitely be saddened about some things I'd had to leave behind... The world has still a very strong grip on me.

BUT...

Even though I might not be what I want to be, I am not what I used to be!

No comments: