Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Finding comfort in the Psalms

I was having another Spiritually Fat Day AGAIN , but God's Word is so super-duper amazingly awesome that it provides all the ammunition I need for Actively Fighting For Joy (see Coping with Fat Days).

Yay for the Psalms!!

Psalm 42:5

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Saviour and my God

Psalm 51:12

Restore to me the joy
of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit
to sustain me.

Psalm 103

Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being,
praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits...
who gives all your sins...
who satisfies your desires with good things...

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love
He does not treat us
as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west
so far has he removed
our transgressions from us.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: