Wednesday, December 2, 2009

BFF - Best Friend Forever

I like the simple life, but simple life evidently doesn't like me, and the last few days have been like scenes out of a soap opera: Misunderstandings, childhood friends, phonecalls, farewells, BFFs, quarrels, breakthroughs, smses sent to the wrong person, mascara, boyfriends, gmail chats, grouchy sisters, fiances, tears, pregnancies, new friends, and sushi.

Sushi is the only thing that kept me sane. Raw fish does that.

Jokes :) But in a wonderfully peaceful and uneventful day yesterday, I came to a remarkable epiphany: Relationships are complicated.

Let me repeat that for those of you who struggle with long sentences: Relationships. Are. Complicated.

On that thought, I visited Princess Sarah yesterday, and needing some advice, I told her about just one little dilemma that had been resolved amongst me and two very close friends, but used Person A/B/C etc instead of their names (which in itself got rather complicated, 'cause at one point, up to Person F was involved!). At the end, she just looked at me, and said "This just shows how the world needs Jesus. He's the only one who can be the Best Friend you need, because He's always constant, always there, never changes.

And I thought 'Wow.'

But we were both tired after my long verbal ramblings, so we carried on sitting on the Woolworths crate thing we'd found inside Woolworths.

The end.

No comments: