Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rejoice in the Lord, ALWAYS!

I've blogged about joy before (see 'I've got joy joy joy joy down in my heart'), but I have to again tonight.

I just came back from a heartfelt and lank encouraging sermon on Philippians 4:4-7 and the speaker, John S was a great example of someone who is himself joyful in the Lord. It was so great to hear a reminder that we are the people of a happy God, and that we are commanded to be joyful, because I feel that I've lost that joy in Jesus over the past few months, and that my Christian walk has become a bit of an ambivalent experience- neither here, nor there.

But, John S said, maybe it's because we've lost our focus. Maybe it's because we've stopped looking at God, and instead have turned our gaze to the mirror- to ourselves. Highly plausible, I thought to myself. If so, I need to turn my vision again to God.



PS Blogspot tells me that this is my 200th post! Yeehah :) I feel like I won something, even though I don't know if this really counts as an achievement :)

PPS On the other hand, Google Analytics keeps me humble. Apparently I've had a 100% decrease in visitors in the last month, and I've had zippo, zilch, null, nada visitors to this site. heehee :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've put your blog in my NewsFox, so I PROMISE I read it, just not from this URL.