Friday, December 4, 2009

Snapshots from an art exhibition and a chance encounter

Snapshot 1: The art exhibition

Princess Sarah and I went to an art exhibition opening tonight. Lots of fun. Different, crazy shocking, cute, interesting art pieces. Could use the same adjectives to describe the people. Anyway. While we were there, she asked how my QTs were going. It was a relief to confess to someone that they weren't, and they hadn't been for a while.

'Oh', she said.

Oh well, I thought.

She didn't say anything further, 'cause she knows when to rebuke and when not to.

We carried on walking for a bit, then I asked her what she was thinking. 'Well', she answered, 'I was thinking that God wants me to tell you to just talk to Him 'cause He misses you. But then I thought it might sound a bit lame'.

Sarah's great like that.


Snapshot 2: A chance encounter

We left after a while, as we felt like escaping into town and seeing what was happening there. After finally parking (after circling more than a few times), we got out and started walking. Then we got stopped by someone asking for money. And lo and behold, it was E and his wife Z from the night shelter, hiding out from the wind in a doorway. Obviously, I couldn't just walk past as I know them reasonably well, so I asked them how things were going, and what they'd been up to... And their story was heartbreaking. Not knowing what to say at the end of all this, I feebly said 'I hope eveerything works out for you', at which point Z said 'But it will. It always does. 'Cause He [pointing upwards] always looks out for us. Even when.. There was a stage where I didn't want to listen to Him, 'cause I got so tired of messing up the whole time. I got so tired of saying sorry to Him, 'cause there was so much to say sorry for.'

After greeting, Sarah and I decided to leave our plans and just head home. This encounter was just a little bit too much on top of a very full day. And as we were walking back, Sarah asked me what Z had meant - and for some reason I understood perfectly.

No comments: