Thursday, December 17, 2009

As we head into 2010....

I was at my physio earlier today, waiting, as people tend to do in aptly named waiting rooms, for the last checkup of 2009. Emotional state: a little demoralized and frustrated. The foot hadn't improved much since the last time I'd seen her, and it still pained quite a bit. What was I going to do in the new year, I wondered grumpily.

The answer came not in a booming voice, but on the wall that I found myself facing while doing some exercises later in my session. While leaning against the walls with my legs bent at a ninety degree angle, and squeezing the plastic ball between my knees, there was nothing else to do but stare at the wall straight in front of me (especially as my physico makes me do keep that stance for a few minutes.. She's sadistic like that.)(No seriously, you give it a go.)

Then I saw this poster that had undoubtedly been there the whole year, but which hadn't caught my eye previously. It was one of those cheesey cliches, with capital letters in some sort of serif font emblazoned across a poetic scene of water and mountain. But as I read it again and again, I thought, heck, that's a much better way to end off my blog for the year than my previous post:

There is no need to fear an unknown future, when you serve a known God.

2010, bring it on!

No comments: