Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Almost-anniversary!

I realized today that it's almost my anniversary. Yes, three more months, and we shall have reached a full year since I first bunged up the wretched foot.

[Actually, to be fair, it's not the foot's fault. It's the fault of its wretched owner.]

But why so long?, might be the question on your lips. Why on earth aren't I back in full form, jumping from trees, and climbing over gates as I was wont to in my prime.

Because I am a fool. Stupid. Stubborn, some nicer people might say. In other words: unlike sensible-minded people who usually go to the doctor as soon as they feel a twinge where there should be nary such a feeling, I felt it necessary to reach an point of limp-age and extreme pain before I decided that it would be a good idea to see someone with a medical degree. And now, 9 months after the fact, I'm still having to go to my physio, as the injury had gradually affected many other parts of my system, e.g. my calf and thigh muscles (quite possibly a nerve).

In a similar way, I've also come to realize over the past few months that I've been stupid about my spiritual health. Like I blogged a few times earlier, (see Born Again... Lazy?!?!, Soul idols, or Sole idols) I'd lost sight of the plot, and in fact needed to reconfigure my emotional stability on God. But months later, I'm discovering more and more how this had affected my system, and how it isn't easy to just make things right again. There's a lot I've been challenged in and had to rethink through, but praise God He is with me.

No comments: