Monday, May 25, 2009

Soul idols

Idolizing is like having a bothersome foot-arch-muscle-injury.. 'cause after a while, other muscles start twinging and hurting, as the rest of your body starts compensating for the major point of injury.

Okay, so that analogy doesn't really work. But it did make sense in my head last night as I was lying awake counting the little nerve centers of pain in my leg area. Not cool. Kinda painful in fact. I should get to the foot doctor again soon.

BUT that's beside the point. This made me think about the way that everything is connected. Like that childhood song: "The hip bone's connected to the knee bone.. the knee bone's connected to the" etcetc. [Don't worry about it if you have no idea what I'm singing. For one, I'm not singing out loud. For another, I can't remember the correct words, so I made those up. But the song definitely has something to do with anatomy. And bones.]

And the reason I'm talking about interconnectedness, is 'cause I've realized that losing sight of God, and turning to another idol, has resulted in that all my systems were slowly failing and resorting to other idols.

Grr. I'm not making much sense am I? I blame it on the essays I'm busy marking at the moment. Lalalallalala.
I'll try again tomorrow. Or later. Depending how badly I need a break after making a few more

No comments: