Sunday, May 10, 2009

Born Again... Lazy?!?

Tonight I realized that I have replaced God in my life with another idol. I'm not going to mention what that is, 'cause it's kinda personal, but either way, I realized that God is (has not been for a while) not number one in my life anymore.

I was visiting another church, casually minding my own business, when the phrase 'born again lazy' hit me hard enough to be bury into my head, from where I later took it out and pondered over it. I mean, I know for months now that I haven't been doing my QTs, and the signs that THIS IS affecting my walk with Christ are all too visible - the appearance of expletives in my vocabulary (even if it's only said in my head or muttered under my breath), the easy slippage into judgmental thoughts when others are different, the prioritizing of other things.. And all because I'm born again lazy - because I haven't really been fighting for God's place as number one in my life.

This isn't too say that God hasn't been trying to make me alert to this- tonight's sermon wasn't the first time He's tried to bring my attention back to Him.. I'm just really lazy, stubborn, and sinful. But tonight I realized that I don't want to be a three-word Christian - I don't want to be born again lazy. I just want to be born again :). So I'm dropping the lazy, and I'm getting back to reading my word, and really talking to God.

Yay.

No comments: