Tuesday, September 22, 2009

God is bigger than...

I'm not usually the overly emotional or sensitive type. Sure, I'm overdramatic and happychappyluckygodippy but I've never cried in a movie before, and I doubt very few people have seen me burst into tears. Ice Queen. That's me.

But we age, and along with everything else, our tear ducts also wear out and hence we sometimes find that emotionality starts to take over. (This is the Ice Queen trying to defend the alarming position of finding herself a bit more emotional in the previous years.) 

I could, at this point, explain a bit more, but I'd prefer not to. Suffice it to say, that there are good reasons for these tears. Suffice it also to say that this last month has also been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster due to the potential burnout and reconfiguring of system and some other unexpected twists and turns (albeit no tears! AHAH! Ice Queen is back!). And I've been dipping and rolling and swimming in a weighty marsh of emotion. Then I heard the voice of sanity say to me: "God is bigger than your emotions."

Hallelujah! I don't need to feel as if my emotions are in control of me. 'Cause they're not. God is King over me and King over them, and I need not bow no longer to feelings that 'I can't seem to control'. BAH! AHAH!

No comments: