Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Memorizing Bible Verses...again

I say 'again', 'cause I tend to go through phases where I'm superamped and superkeen to memorize Bible verses. However, I tend to get overexcited and put pressure on myself to learn a new one every few days, and then give up after a while because the pace is too much. So now I'm just learning a new one every week :) So far so good! It's a much more realistic tempo, and I've already learned Phil 4:4-7, Heb 13:5 and Romans 12:12.

Reading about Jesus' response to Satan after spending the 40 days in the desert was a great inspiration for my new enthusiasm: struck by Jesus' quotation of God's word to fight off the devil, I suddenly wondered what I use to combat ungodly thought?!?! The only things I kinda know off by heart are random movie quotes, and I have a funny feeling that Satan wouldn't be frightened off by: "You talkin' to me?!" or "I just know, before this is over, I'm gonna need a whole lot of serious therapy. Look at my eye twitchin'."

heehee.. that's actually quite an amusing thought.. Throwing movie quotes at Satan...

PS the quotes come from "Taxi Driver" and "Shrek".

No comments: