Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just a little bit of rambling about the Psalms, really

So yesterday I had a super super cool amazing but busy day! In the morning I went to a beautiful wine farm, then to the Botanical Gardens for a picnic, and then to a Mexican restaurant for supper!

Obviously then I didn't have time to read my Bible, and when I got home I was so tired I decided to go to bed without doing it. But then some stuff happened, and I was really miserable and mad, so I just had to read a Psalm for comfort!
(On that note, I love the Psalms 'cause they're so emotional and 'real')

So I flipped through the Psalms and found Psalm 69! And it was really cool, cause one of my memory verses for last week was Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer", and the psalm was a really wonderful illustration of that! Halfway through, the writer says that he will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving, even though he's spent the earlier half of the psalm detailing his desperation, frustration and @#$TEGgsTr!!!!!

And today I wasn't that keen to read the Bible again, but then I remembered it was Sunday and that Sunday is my "Choosing a memory verse" day, so I was flipping through Psalms and found another illustration of another verse I'd memorized.

This verse was: Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, for God has said: never will I leave you, never will I forsake you", and Psalm 73 illustrated it perfectly! Which was awesome timing 'cause lately I've been struggling with wanting stuff and wanting to be rich and live a certain lifestyle even though I know I don't need anything more than everything I already have in Christ! (And anyway, my heart really wants to end up in deepest darkest Africa somewhere.. yes, I know you're thinking: "Can Africa get darker than an Eskom cutout in South Africa?", but you know what I mean!)

So read those verses with those Psalms! Okay, bye now!

No comments: