Friday, August 19, 2011

Driving home stream-of-consciousness.

While driving home from a lovely evening with the girls in the Young Working Adults' Bible Study home, I switched on the radio to hear one of my favourite songs:
Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends
- Green Day "Wake me up when September ends"


The lyrics saddened me. One month to go, and I'll be out of here. Gone.

But then the next song came on, one of South Africa's favourite rock bands, Plush, with their song 'Hope'
No I’m not going to lose hope today,
'Cause I'm one step closer,
to where I want to be.
No, I'm not going to lose hope today,
Though it's easy to
nothing good comes easy anyway.


It's not at all an answer to my sadness, but it's comforting knowing that taking another step forward takes me further than I was yesterday. Don't think it meant to, but the song just reminded me to trust and obey, and to hope. So sad I'll be, but no despair.

No comments: