Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Chronicles of Packing, and my organs

On Friday night, as I was again sifting through my stuff (did I mention that I found I had some grade 10, 11, 12 notebooks? That I'd kept all my first, second, third year notes?!??! *cough cough* !hoarder!), I suddenly remembered about organ donorship.

The link between the two things (packing and organ donorship) might seem a bit random, but in retrospect I understand it to be because of the prompt of how we are in essence only temporary travellers to this earth, and that if I can't take much with me to England, there's even less I can take with me to Heaven. I am but a steward of things only temporarily mine, even if they are inside me.

FYI, if I'm ever in a fatal accident, I want my organs to live on in others. It's not like I'm going to need them in my next life :) I think it's definitely worth thinking through as a Christian, even though contemplating death might be scary to you. Either way, don't leave it too late - you never know when your time is here, and when you do go, I think it's pretty cool to know that you'll be contributing to saving 7 people's lives in your death.

So don't forget to check out your national Organ Donor Registry! For South Africans it's www.odf.org.za :) I'll also be signing up as soon as I touch down in England, yay :)

No comments: