Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Equip 2011

For the last five days, I've been near a most gorgeous sea-curved stretch of the world, attending a Christian conference (*cough cough* camp, conference sounds so ... larney) called Equip. The conference was split into four main divisions: main talks on Exodus given by a brilliant English guy by Andrew Sach, one short talk by Richard Coekin (he was also brilliant, but for the lack of sounding repetitive, let's call him superduper challenging), one main strand on teaching the Bible (I did a strand on systematic theology), and an elective (called God's Mission and you).

God was really really really gracious in using the time to challenge, rebuke and to call me back to sanity. Already on the first day, I realized that I had succumbed to a number of fallacies in my thinking about my Christian walk, and I had to face a few ugly truths about my sinfulness and things I'd been struggling with (see next few posts). It didn't stop there - every day, I was confronted with another truth. And God in His mercy planned this all to happen at a time where I was surrounded by a number of older, wiser individuals who I could accost and talk to in a matter of hours :). I feel as though Equip 2011 was a minor watershed moment in my Christian walk - I have rarely been so honest with myself about so many things lately, and I just want to praise God for giving me the time and the family members to help me recognise my errors.

So.. here goes... :)

No comments: