Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Free grace

Noun, not verb. I don't need freeing.

Or, no, maybe I do.

I'm still thinking me me me, do do do so much, when I should be thinking Jesus Jesus Jesus, done done done.

I love this explanation by Tim Keller about what the actual implications of grace:

"Consider the free grace of Jesus until there is (a) no cowardly avoidance of hard things (since Jesus faced evil for me), (b) no anxious or rash behaviour (since Jesus' death proves God cares & will watch over me). It takes pride to be anxious - I am not wise enough to know how my life should go. Consider free grace until I experience calm thoughtfulness and strategic boldness."


Yeah, no more cowardlyness! No more anxiety and rashness. Let's be real trusting children of God.

2 comments:

Lauren Rosenberg said...

i know hey? flip, i get pretty over myself sometimes for trying to manufacture my own righteousness.

ps. http://listen.grooveshark.com/s/Trust/2ES1k2?src=5

(i love this song, you might too)

Grace said...

It's beautiful :) I've been listening to it since this morning.

You're making me a mountain,
You're making me a mountain,
that cannot be shaken..


and I love mountains so much. This thought thrills me :)