Saturday, June 6, 2009

God is in the business of change

but the question remains: Are WE in the business of being changed?

Or rather: Do we believe that God can truly change us?

Sometimes when I've messed up for the millionth time, placed yet another idol before God, when I'm feeling despondent, the answer to this question is a No: I simply don't believe that I'm in the business of being changed; I don't believe that God can truly change us. Maybe it's out of frustration: "Why on earth am I still struggling with the same things?!??!"; maybe it's out of a loss of trust: "If God were so truly powerful, He'd make me perfect RIGHT NOW!".. but I'm sure every now and then, you've felt frustrated that you seem to be going nowhere, and that you're plateauing or even going downhill in your walk with Christ.

But let's remember, that God's not only in the business of change, but also in the business of lost causes.

So chin up, my friend, let's keep on keeping on.

No comments: