Saturday, March 27, 2010

This is for you [if your name is Goat* or Eloff*]

I don't often dedicate whole posts to people, but I thought I would today. Just because I've been thinking about hospitality recently and because today I was particuarly thinking of two people :)

So number 1: Goat*.

Goat has had to put up with so much - nonsensical SMSs, random existential crises, bad guy decisions and the consequences thereof, failed baking bread projects and mad, crazy, laughter-punctuated international phonecalls where neither of us really knew what we were talking about. Most recently, she had me stay with her for a week and a half where she played my driver and PA [which doesn't sound like much unless you know me personally and have an idea of the crazy itineraries I can come up with :)]

Her generosity and hospitality overwhelmed me, as I'm baaaaad at playing hostess and can only put up with treating people like guests for a short bit before I tell them to do what they want themselves. I'm especially amazed as I'm the morning type. And she's not. And sometimes my own chirpiness irks me in the morning, so I have no idea how it must be for others around me! But she very gamely tried to come up with complete sentence responses to my overthetopramblingseversoexcitedlyohyesisitonlynowsevenoclockinthemorningohwhoopsshallimakeyousomecoffeegoat? and more importantly, didn't behead me once! Yay for Goat and Grace...



Number 2: Eloff*

Every now and then, Eloff will get a random SMS from me going "Hey, I'm in the area, can I come over?" Fair enough, you might think. This is what friends are for, aren't they? True. I should probably tell you now that inevitably, most of the SMSs continue in this fashion: "Oh, I haven't eaten yet."/ "I'm staaarving"/ "Ummm." Eloff has very kindly let me raid his fridge every time I come over. This is why I keep on coming over. [Jokes :)]. But yay. Thanks :)
[Yes, you're right. I raided it today and that's why I'm writing this post right now.]


And to all you other wonderful people who are my friends.. thanks :)


G

*For privacy's sake, the names of the people concerned have been changed.

1 comment:

maurenna said...

Goat!!!!?????? really Gracie, i have to hear the inspiration for such a pseudonym