Friday, March 6, 2009

We are family... Your brother and your sister and me, hey hey hey!

I was thinking the other day how to differentiate between different types of family: the family you're born into, random unrelated people you might 'adopt' into your family (I have the habit of adopting various individuals as family members.. mostly to get stuff out of them ;) ), and then your Christian family, of course.

I figured that the family you're born into would be referred to blood family. But then I had the cool epiphany that we could also refer to our Christian family as blood family. More specifically, Jesus'-blood family. 'Cause it is only because of Jesus' blood shed on the cross that we can come to know Him! And when we do, we are immediately brought into unity with a whole new awesome family as well!! Which means a whole new bunch of sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers to drive you absolutely crazy up the wall.. ;)

Isn't that a cool thought?

No comments: