Monday, March 16, 2009

Mad as hell... My life has value!

I just watched a video clip, in which a man is raging against the injustices and problems of the world. At the climax of his rant, he urges his viewers to take a stand, and he shouts:
"You've got to get mad. You've got to say 'I'm a human being, goddammit! My life has value!'"
The irony didn't escape me. He ends up cursing the One Person who can assure him the certainty of being confident that his life has value.

Now, I've heard many comments that Christians always seem to be so down on themselves because they always refer to themselves as wretched sinners. Yes, yes, this we openly admit. We ARE sinners. Sinners = people who have rebelled against God's good and right way.

But this does NOT mean that we're these insecure drips that walk around feeling that we have absolutely no dignity and no sense of self-worth. As Christians, we have two mindblowing reason to feel immensely valued:
1) Human beings are created in God's image
2) Human beings were considered of such value by God that He sent His Son down to earth to die on the cross for us. You don't die for invaluable things...

But, yes, let's get mad! Let's get furious when others tell us that we as human beings have no value, when people tell us we are just as meaningless and valueless as the next lump of mud, when someone tries to fool us into believing that human beings are nothing. Let's get MAD!'Cause I'm a human being, praise God! My life has value!

No comments: