Friday, February 20, 2009

Symptoms..

For some reason, I know I'm struggling/ doubtful/ unhappy/ cross with God/ [something is not right] when I'm not eating properly. I tend to eat quite healthily and when I
1) overeat (which is saying much, cause I actually eat a LOT in the first place!), or
2) eat junk food (I enjoy eating healthily and don't usually don't touch the stuff),
then I know something's up.

The last few days, I've had: the glorious Maccy D's fries, eaten a whole big pack of chips by myself (Mexican habanero flavour actually.. it was frigging awesome.. I felt like I was burning inside!! Yum yum! So I had to eat more for the fire feeling!), tons of pizza (which I usually avoid because I don't do well with dairy), fudge, ice-cream (again, dairy), choc sticks... Get the picture?

It's quite a handy symptom. And it makes sense. If something's not right with your relationship with God, obviously you'll turn to an idol that you can control. Or not really. Overeating/ eating junk food might actually just be a minor self-destructing tendency.

...I think I over-psychoanalyse.

Either way, something's up. Hmm....

1 comment:

Grace said...

Haha, just found this post called Grace the Glutton. Seems like a recurrent problem.