Sunday, February 8, 2009

Let's be the living models of grace

or rather, gracious. 'Cause I'm not too being gracious at times!

Last week's memory verse (how exciting, I'm doing well at keeping up with this memorizing thing thus far) was 2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
And I was just blown away by this reminder of God's grace. But then that made me think: If we're supposed to be like God, how many people feel genuinely that they can come to us with their insecurities and weaknesses and problems knowing that we'll be gracious and gentle with them? That we're different from others who might mock them? 'Cause it's so great to be able to turn to God with our problems knowing that He is compassionate, loving, gracious and understanding. Are we the same?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew, For a second there I thought I'd have to grow my hair, die it black and straigten it, and somehow shrink to half my current size.

But in seriousness, I DO read your posts and are encouraged by them, I just don't always comment on them. :-)