Sunday, May 25, 2008

Money and shopping...

So the other day, I went shopping. And was quite disturbed by the amount of money I would need to hand over for one piece of clothing. So I went home. And kinda nearly froze.

Not only that, but one of my pants tore all the way up the leg. And another pair ripped while I was at a friend's housewarming [I was distraught for two reason: firstly, I'd had that pair for 8 YEARS, and was rather attached to them!!! Secondly, it ripped right across the butt area!!!!] [Luckily I was wearing a long coat...]. So that left me with two/three pairs with which to face the awful winter.

At that point, I realized that money is a blessing. Yes, I do need to be wise about how I use it [i.e. do I really need that exorbitantly priced jacket, when this moderately priced one will do?], but I shouldn't feel conscious-stricken about using it especially if it means I'm going to end up freezing.

So I went shopping.


PS Yeah, I realize there's much more that can be said about money and shopping, but that's the lesson I learnt this time, so hold your horses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think some retail therapy is a good response to those thoughts.

i bought a dvd of one of my favourite Dj's recently just to spoil my self, but i did realise that i have to budget wisely, not to get greedy and just go for all the expensive things. luckily they are too expensive. i think being content pays a big part in it. being content with what you've been blessed with.