Sunday, May 25, 2008

The future is swiftly approaching... What to do!??!

A friend and I were recently talking about the future. My future, in fact: What I'm going to be doing in 10/20 years time... Or rather, what I'm not going to be doing, as right now, I have NO idea!

Anyway, we were talking through the idea of working for God's glory, and not your own, and I voiced aloud the difficultly of finding a balance between doing your work well, and doing enough to just keep up with the others in your field/department. He simply pointed out that we shouldn't make it our goal to keep up with others, because there will be people for whom work is everything, for whom work is an idol. And this is not the case for us.

Hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, sometimes i dunno what im gonna do this weekend, but it just happens.

i wonder if 10 years ago, we were thinking, " mmm, i wonder what i'll be doing in 10 years time?"

and yet here we are, doing what we are supposed to be doing. and we had no idea what was going to happen, but by God's amazing grace ( the Bible's grace hey!) we are alive and hopfully serving Him.

so i guess a good prayer would be to ask God that in 10 or even 20 years time, you will be alive and serving Him, wherever you are, or whoever you with.

DISCLAIMER: okay, soz for all the replies but this kinda thing keeps me thinking too and on my toes. so just be yourself, and keep blogging!