Friday, December 26, 2008

GGATHND: Part IV - Letting go and letting God

I just read this most amazing book called "God's Grace and the Homosexual Next Door" by Alan Chambers and the Leadership Team at Exodus International. It's so wonderful I just have to share bits and pieces from it! It's written so graciously and humbly, yet uncompromising on the truth that ALL have sinned and that Jesus has died for ALL :).


In this post, I merely want to share this funny little anecdote I read in the book. The writer, Randy Thomas, talks about wanting to share the gospel with someone he starts developing a friendship with. However, the opportunity never arises. He thus concludes:
I must rest in the fact that my Lord is bigger than I, and He will watch over and guide her in His timing to His truth. I know the Holy Spirit… and His name is not Randy (p.127).

I just love the way his story reminds me not to get frustrated when I think things aren't going the way I want them to, but to rather rest in God's good timing and planning :) I know the Holy Spirit too! And His name is definitely not Grace!!

*All extracts from Chambers, Alan. God's Grace and the Homosexual Next Door. USA: Harvest House Publishers, 2006.

No comments: