Saturday, February 23, 2008

Are you godless and wicked?

We're tackling Romans in Bible study at the moment, and this bit about godless and wicked men really jumped out at me, and went "AHAH! Are you like this!??!"
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. (Romans 1:21)
Obviously as a Christian, I'm not godless anymore, but what struck me was that these people who are called godless and wicked do (or rather, what they don't do). Can you see it in the first bit? They neither glorify him as God, nor gave thanks to him... This just made me wonder how often I really do glorify God in everything that I do, or how often I thank God for His generous blessings and mercies! Wowee! Solid rebuke!

No comments: