Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't get angered easily. I'm one of those genuinely happy-go-lucky Dopey kids (as in one of the Seven Dwarves, not as in one of the Rehab Kids), who finds a genuine smile on her face pretty much all the time. But when I get angry or frustrated, I can be oh-so-very-nasty. 'Cause, underneath all my 'sugar and spice, and all things nice', I know how to hurt people, and I have the vocabulary to make it sting. And so it was last night, that in a destructive mood of complete frustration, I said some intentionally hurtful and spiteful things to someone I cared for deeply.

And this, after I'd blogged for the first time in ages, sounding all hardcore and mature with all my thoughts about how to be godly in speech and thinking and stuff. Oh, how quickly we can break, how quickly we fall, how easy it is to shatter something good with just a few words.

What a reminder of my wretchedness, a reminder that I am far from perfect.. And even when I have the best intentions, oh how my sinful self shudders to do be truly Christ-like.

God, how truly hard it is to be Your child.

No comments: