Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Praise the Lord

I'm in charge of music ministry at church, and I sometimes just want to tear my hair out because of all the niggly bits of admin!! [I am not one of those blessed with the gift of admin!] But I was heavily rebuked the other day, when slightly grumpy at the thought of all the organisation I had to do, I smsed one of the band members to remind her of the practice that evening, and she responded: "Coolio! See you later! Let's praise the Lord!"

What an awesome attitude to have :) I'd somehow lost the plot a little [maybe a lot... I definitely shouldn't have thrown the drum stick at our guitarist] [just jokes;)] and let all the little details distract me from the real reason why we were meeting and practising! Yay! Let's praise Him in everything we do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aahh music, the 5th greatest thing in my life, preceded by (in no particular order, well except for the Jesus one) Jesus, family,ministry & friends, and my Samurai sword collection. okay, maybe that last one is wishful thinking but guys can dream too!

sometimes we forget what it means to Praise the Lord. David in the Psalms knew exactly what it was about, free from worries of music arrangement and other things that cloud us. he just wrote it and put it to a tune most of the times. they are amazing reminders of who God is, in a simple " no band members being late" psalm.

so next time maybe just pick a psalm and read it, and just see how David just praises the Lord.

btw, on another note, that doesnt excuse ppl frm taking their ministry responsibilities seriously. we still have to be aware that when we have responsibilities, especially in ministry, we need to be responsible with them. so its kind of a delicate balance, like...um....something delicate...thats balancing. u know what i mean!