Tuesday, July 20, 2010

irrational fears...

N and I, oddly enough, both starting struggling with Christianity at around roughly the same time, and for similar reasons. Well, I'm mis-representing. We both still love Jesus and convinced it's the one and only way to God... We're just a little tired.

N smses me today: "I'm scared that God will make me be in a near-fatal accident so that I have to turn/ trust in Him."

I've never told anyone before, but this is an irrational fear that's been lurking deep in the darkness. But as I'm typing, I realized something even scarier

Me: "Me too. But I'm even more scared that God doesn't do anything and I remain in this unsteady insecure state for ever..."

I can't live in this one-foot-in-the-one-camp-and-the-other-foot-dangling-who-knows-where state forever. I'm going to have to decide sooner or later; I've never been good at half-hearted attempts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey G,
I think i'm going through a similar thing. The thing that scares me is that I dont want to be in the sate I am in now... And I don't really know what to do about it, except just try and keep on living the life. Don't know what you're struggling with. But its nice to know that I'm not struggling alone.

Grace said...

The funny thing is that even while I'm struggling, I know that there's NO other way to live life...

So when I say 'Keep on', I mean it sincerely.

Keep on.