Saturday, February 6, 2010

A little bit of a (sad) confession:

I decided a long time ago to never invite my non-Christian friends to my Christian friends' parties. Instead, I try spend one-on-one time with them, or tag along to their parties.

This isn't a hard and fast rule, but generally, if there's an open invite, I pitch up alone. For one, this allows me to meet and speak to the strangers and friends-of-friends that come along, but for another it's because I've learnt that most people don't really make the effort to get to know my people. [I'm not saying that no-one makes effort. I recognise that at these types of parties there are tons of people around, and that you can't always get through to everyone - I have just observed in the past that we could all do better at meeting others, and developing those friendships.]

Anyway, last night, friends of ours had an open-invite house party, so I pitched up, started chatting, eating other people's chips, you know. The Sister comes in a bit later with some of her non-Christian friends. They stay for a little bit, and then leave. "Did they enjoy it?", I ask her this morning. "No one really made effort with them", she responds, so I was a bit sad."

That too makes me very very sad.

No comments: