Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm studying a BA... HELP!

I think more than other courses, BAs (Bachelor of Arts - with this, I mean Humanities and Social Sciences) are challenged with different ideas and theories and I've had quite a few existential crises (at least one a year) where I doubt God, the Bible, the world, myself, Christ. But each time I am reminded by empirical historical evidence and personal experience that Jesus is the only way to true life.

But why don't I just stop studying my BA, you might ask? For two reasons really:
1) We shouldn't be scared of confronting their believes with other ideas, afraid that Christianity might fall flat. If Christianity is true, it will be able to stand its ground.

2) We also need to remember God is a truth-loving God, and therefore it is right that we learn how to discern the truth and use our critical thinking faculties. Therefore I think it can be good practice for us come into contact with other theories.

If you're struggling, I hope this reminder helps.

--
Grace

No comments: