Friday, August 1, 2008

How are you treating your Bible?!?!


I popped in at a Christian conference during the holidays, and man I was rebuked!

After a few weeks of not reading my bible, the last thing I wanted to hear was : “The way you treat the Bible is a reflection of the way you treat God”. But of course, that was the very thing I needed to hear!

Add to that a reminder from Romans 12 that we are called to "no longer conform to the pattern of the world, but instead to be transformed through the renewing of your mind.." And how do you renew your mind? By immersing it in God’s Word and reflecting and thinking about it! And I know for myself that if I haven’t read the Bible for a time I certainly have no inclination to really fight sin and live life God’s way..

God’s Word is powerful and life-transforming, so why aren’t we treating it as the most precious thing we own?!?!?

No comments: